August 06, 2011

Issues

One of my biggest problems about myself is how I always seem to act hastily based on my feelings.

A few days ago, I almost let go of a good friendship because I let my anger get the best of me. Instead of talking to him directly, I acted like a child and let my feelings influence my decisions. It certainly wasn't my proudest moment. I mean, I was actually willing to throw away a friendship just like that. I can't believe I was that shallow.

I just realized that all my life, I let my emotions dictate my way of living. My constant state of fear and depression has gotten me in a bind more than I can count. Fear has very much hindered my way to happiness. Fear of failure, disappointment, rejection has led me to living in a safety bubble that I can't try to burst. The things I want to really do in my life was just a dream I used to have.

A friend of mine talked to me about it and helped me realize what my problem was. That incident a couple of days ago was pretty much the eye-opener I needed. Now, I need to battle this. I need to be strong enough to actually take chances. I need to start living life the way I want it to be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment