August 22, 2011




I’m listening to The Only Exception a little bit too much. It’s weird. Normally, you’d associate the song to true love, but for some reason, I seem to be playing it because my grandma passed away recently. There’s a sense of longing in the song that seems to fit well with my situation right now. The feeling and act of yearning by Hayley in the song itself transcends to a sense of loss as well. 

Just what do you exactly do when the person you consider to be the most important person in your life suddenly walks out of your life? Do you weep? Do you lash out in anger and despair? Or perhaps, do you remember how much impact he or she has made in your life? That’s exactly what the song suggests. Remembering the good times you had with him or her. 

I’m still in denial over my grandma’s death even though I have already seen her in a casket. I’m quite numb actually; a hollowness seems to be spurning within me. I can’t fully explain what I’m feeling in the moment, so I’m listening to songs to help me get over this. The funeral is in a couple of days and I don’t know what to do. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment