September 24, 2011

Work


Hey guys, sorry I’ve been MIA lately. Reason why is I finally landed myself a job! Hoorah! After spending an entire month or so going to interviews and applying, I finally got accepted in some really nice firm in my country’s business district. I can’t tell you how relieved I was that I finally got myself a job. Going out with friends was difficult a few weeks beforehand now that my parents cut off my allowance. It’s nice to earn your own money, you know? Granted, my salary isn’t that big yet, but I’m really after more of the experience for now than the money.  

When I got to work on the first day, I was put fast to work. Jesus. Was it startling! I mean, here I was in my first day and they gave me a fricking hotel to work on. Mother of god. I think I was out of it for the first few hours. I mean, hello, a hotel as your first project?! That doesn’t get any bigger than that! Especially since our client was one of the leading real estate developments in the Philippines. Talk about pressure. 

I promised myself I won’t be telling my work experiences in full detail. After all, I think it’s a cardinal rule that you should never blog about work… and I don’t want to be one of those people whose blog gets accidentally stumbled upon by officemates. No sirrrr…

So I’ll just stop here and say I’ve had a pretty steady first week of work. There’s still a lot of stuff to do though. Hopefully, I succeed in the end! 

I hope your work is doing well for you guys as well! 

Cheers and hugs,
Rocky

0 comments:

Post a Comment