September 05, 2011

MAY 12- On to Hong Kong


(This is an excerpt from my Euro journal)

I arrived in NAIA 1. A friend of mine wrote an article about out international airport and I must say, she’s absolutely right. She mentioned that you could actually shoot a horror movie in our godforsaken airport. We have a yearly release of this horror movie series called Shake, Rattle, and Roll and well… the airport could be a possible location for the next film. It’s that bad. 

The entire airport was dimly lit and highly disorganized. The line queues were zigzagging all over the place. Heck, there weren’t even enough chairs to seat the foreigners. It’s very embarrassing really. I wonder if my French friend, Reece arrived and left in this airport. That’s highly likely since the other airports are only restricted to about two airlines. Shit. That is highly demoralizing to think that possible first time visitors to our wonderful country would be greeted by this shit hole. The government needs to upgrade no, construct a new one fast… 

Anyways, going off topic here… where was I?

Oh yeah… So Cachi was there when I arrived. Val, on the other hand, was late as usual. I swear, that lady needs to have a clock in front of her at all times. Shit… I’m frickin’ nervous. This is my first time to travel abroad without my parents and I’m pretty stoked and petrified at the same time. I mean, the place we’ll be traveling to is foreign to all three of us… We can’t really rely on anyone else but ourselves… I need to keep my cool.

Immigration went smoothly. We were all seated together during the flight to Hong Kong.  There were a group of three Israeli-looking young men that we rode with going to HK. Geez… I am only mentioning this because a) they were in front of me during the X-Ray scanner in the airport and b) one of them was really, really hot… Shit. I  haven’t even left the Philippines yet and I’m already thinking about boys. Good Lord… I need to control myself…

Arriving in HK was smooth. My friend Cachi was watching HIMYM the entire flight. I, on the other hand, dabbled into the music scene. So while I was browsing through the airline’s categories of songs, I was surprised they had an ‘indie’ section… Now, you know me… I’m an indie kid at heart, so you wouldn’t imagine how ecstatic I was that someone else was interested in the same music I like… FYI, I was giddy in my seat the entire time. 

I checked the list of CDs under that category and I was pretty happy. I mean, they had Florence + the Machine, Biffy Clyro, Arcade Fire, The XX, Mumford and Sons, and Ellie Goulding… I played Florence and Ellie a little too much… I was Dog Days-ing in my seat. Hahaha. 

When we landed in HK, we had to quickly find out transfer flight to Amsterdam. While making our way to the designated departure gate, I was stopped in one of the x-ray scanners in the security checkpoints. I was asked to go through it another time. My friend caught the person manning the x-ray station to be staring at me. She joked that she thinks that person must have a crush on me or something. I scoffed because… well… the person manning the station was a guy. LOL. 

Anyways, after that, we killed some time in a bookstore before going to the departure gate. Now, the last time I went to HK, I bought a really NSFW magazine and I was kinda hoping I could do the same… Especially now, since my parents aren’t here with me at all. I saw a magazine with some Bel-Ami models on it. I considered buying it but didn’t because it was too early in the trip to start thinking about sex. Imagine that. I turned that down.

My friends and I sat down in one of the many chairs in the boarding gate. As soon as we did, my mouth started watering. Why? Well, because there was this really hot looking Dutch guy sitting a few seats from me. He was in a tank top too! Damn. If this is what Amsterdam is offering me, then I’m going to like it there.



Boys, boys, and boys…. Jesus, I’m a pervert. Lol.

0 comments:

Post a Comment